To truly care for your skin, you need to start below the surface. Collagen Elixir™ nourishes your skin from the inside out, promoting enhanced elasticity, firmness, and hydration for a healthy and radiant complexion.
Beauty starts on the inside
Skin is the body’s largest organ and is composed of water, protein, and fat. Collagen is your body’s most abundant protein and creates structure, resilience, and elasticity. It acts like a glue that helps to hold everything in its place (1). Your body builds and repairs collagen every day, but collagen production gradually declines with age.
Collagen builds the foundation of a smooth and radiant complexion. The deepest layers of skin are made of a dense network of collagen fibers. Over time, the network of collagen fibers can become fragmented and weakened, resulting in wrinkles, fine lines, and thinner skin (2).
Good nutrition is essential for collagen production, but ordinary foods may not provide the right nutrients. While fish contains collagen, it’s in the form of long collagen fibers that are hard for the body to use. Collagen Elixir combines highly bioavailable collagen peptides along with vitamins and minerals to quickly deliver collagen’s benefits throughout the body (3). Studies show that supplementing with marine collagen, alone or when combined with other nutrients such as vitamin C and zinc, may improve skin hydration, elasticity, and thickness; improve physical aspects of hair and nails; and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (4-11).
Ingredients from land and sea
Collagen Elixir is made with hydrolyzed marine collagen synergistically blended with powerful botanicals and micronutrients to help nourish your skin from the inside out. These collagen-boosting nutrients are expertly mixed with natural flavors to make a delicious wild–berry–flavored drink to sip and enjoy.
- Marine collagen blend: Made with hydrolyzed fish collagen sustainably sourced from deep–sea fish from the cold waters of the Atlantic and Scandinavian regions. Our marine collagen blend provides type I collagen in the form of collagen peptides and is rich in amino acids that support the body’s natural production of collagen.
- A proprietary blend: Contains phytonutrient-rich goji and acerola berries, moisturizing aloe vera, and soothing chamomile extracts.
- Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin C is an antioxidant nutrient that is required for normal collagen synthesis. Zinc is an essential nutrient and plays a vital role in skin, hair, and nail health. Biotin forms the foundation for skin, nail, and hair cells, and even a mild deficiency can cause dry or itchy skin.
Make Collagen Elixir part of your beauty routine
Sip your way to a hydrated and radiant complexion by enjoying one bottle of Collagen Elixir daily. It’s Cleanse Day approved and contributes 2 Cleanse Credits when using the Cleanse Day Tracker. Collagen Elixir is made with sustainably sourced ingredients and arrives in recyclable packaging for a beautiful daily ritual you can feel good about. It’s soy-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO and has no added sugars.
- Fratzl P, editor. Collagen Structure and Mechanics. New York: Springer; 2008.
- Chung JH, Seo JY, Choi HR, Lee MK, Youn CS, Rhie G, Cho KH, Kim KH, Park KC, Eun HC. Modulation of skin collagen metabolism in aged and photoaged human skin in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2001 Nov;117(5):1218-24.
- Yazaki M, Ito Y, Yamada M, Goulas S, Teramoto S, Nakaya MA, Ohno S, Yamaguchi K. Oral Ingestion of collagen hydrolysate leads to the transportation of highly concentrated Gly-Pro-Hyp and its hydrolyzed form of Pro-Hyp into the bloodstream and skin. J Agric Food Chem. 2017 Mar 22;65(11):2315-2322. doi:10.1021/acs.jafc.6b05679.
- Stephens TJ, Sigler ML, Hino PD et al. A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating an Oral Anti-aging Skin Care Supplement for Treating Photodamaged Skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016 Apr;9(4):25-32.
- Genovese L, Corbo A, Sibilla S. An Insight into the Changes in Skin Texture and Properties following Dietary Intervention with a Nutricosmeceutical Containing a Blend of Collagen Bioactive Peptides and Antioxidants. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2017;30(3):146-158.
- Pei XR, Yang RY, Zhang ZF et al. [Effects of marine collagen peptide on delaying the skin aging]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008 Apr;42(4):235-8. Chinese. Kim DU, Chung HC, Choi J, Sakai Y, Lee BY. Oral Intake of Low-Molecular-Weight Collagen Peptide Improves Hydration, Elasticity, and Wrinkling in Human Skin: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Nutrients. 2018 Jun 26;10(7):826.
- Asserin J, Lati E, Shioya T et al. The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015 Dec;14(4):291-301.
- Choi SY, Ko EJ, Lee YH et al. Effects of collagen tripeptide supplement on skin properties: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2014 Jun;16(3):132-7
- Yagoda M, Gans E. A nutritional supplement formulated with peptides, lipids, collagen and hyaluronic acid optimizes key aspects of physical appearance in nails, hair and skin. J Nutr Food Sci. 2014;S5:002.
- De Luca C, Mikhal’chik EV, Suprun MV et al. Skin Antiageing and Systemic Redox Effects of Supplementation with Marine Collagen Peptides and Plant-Derived Antioxidants: A Single-Blind Case-Control Clinical Study. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:4389410.
- Bhowmik D, Chiranjib KP, Sampath K. A potential medicinal importance of zinc in human health and chronic disease. Intl. J. Pharm Biomed Sci. 2010;1(1):5-11.
- Pullar JM, Carr AC, Vissers MCM. The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. Nutrients. 2017 Aug 12;9(8):866